Thursday, December 24, 2009

will miss you.....

Weather has been more pleasant and beautiful than ever in Mysore these days. It’s kind of gloomy and dark all the time with glimpse of sunshine once in a while. It seems like it’s gonna pour anytime. But it doesn’t. Occasional drizzle to make it more romantic. It’s perfect weather to go on a ride to Chamundi on ‘my’ style with the song ‘nee amruthadhare’ playing on my iPod. It’s perfect weather to go home and eat bisi bisi menasinakayi bajji prepared by mom. It’s perfect weather to sit in the front yard with ‘P.S. I Love you’ on one hand and a coffee mug on the other (hmmmm….the aroma of the perfect filter coffee by mom:)).
While I was dreaming about all of these, reality hit me. All this will be gone in a couple of months. I will be far from mysore, far from chamundi, far from home, from mom, from kannada, from our campus, from the beautiful rains, from the amazing sunsets, from my style, from filter coffee, from the ever-pleasant weather, from weekend treks, from kannada movies, from rajesh krishnan songs, from traffic/pollution -free roads, from bicycle rides in the campus, from the majestic mysore palace, from masal-puri and churmuri, from the good-to-avoid food at FC1, from the occasional trips to blore……..
I love this city. I love everything about this city. The roads, the people, the places, the monuments, my school, my college, my infy campus, the weather. I love its simplicity; I love its old-world charm; I love the romance in the air. I feel very proud about this place and I love that feeling. They say every city has one special and unique place one would emotionally be attached to. One place you would like to go in times of joy and sorrow. Chamundi has been that place for me. I have made countless trips to this magical place mostly with close friends and sometimes alone. There is something mysterious about this place. Something special that you feel the moment you enter the arch at the foothill. I have been to this place at all times of the day, at all seasons of the year, by road, by steps. I have had endless chat about friends, friendship, love, gossip, universe, stars and family. There have been times when I didn’t speak a word throughout and still conveyed a lot, times when I have cried my heart out for reasons that seem silly now, times when I have been genuinely happy and thankful about everyone I have in my life.
There are a lot of memories associated with this place. It is here that I have grown up, made friends-forever, achieved, learned to value relationships, understood love, experienced loss, played, fought, cried, sang, danced, smiled……..
I can’t imagine that this will just be a place I’m gonna visit once in a while. I can’t imagine I will have to try hard to take out time to go on a ride to chamundi.
I’m gonna miss you terribly :(

1 comment: