Wednesday, December 30, 2009

If only dreams could come true


Dad just walks into the house!!!! Mom and I cannot believe our eyes. We are in complete shock, yet extremely delighted. We keep staring at him for a while in utter disbelief.


Ten years is a long time. Dad is silent. He doesn’t speak a word. He just looks around to see how our house has changed completely. Mom looks at him expecting some appreciation. After all she has done an excellent job all these years.


I am showing dad my wedding card and mahesh’s picture hoping for a positive response. But I’m disappointed when I see no reactions on his face. Is he happy, is he mad at me, is he sad….I have no idea.


I’m jumping around with the thought that dad would be present at my wedding. Am I dreaming or is it real? I go to mom and ask her to pinch me. No it’s real. It’s real. Mom and dad together would do the kanyadaana……what more can I ask for….life is so unpredictable…anything can happen anytime….i’m the happiest person in this world today…..


I call aysh to share this wonderful news…...but she doesn’t pick the call….stupid its midnight for her….so what can’t she pick my call….i’m dying to tell her…….let me call sush….i pick my phone to see ‘Luck calling’…..arre why is he calling now….hey wait a minute…so akshay’s dad will be back too…he has to wait for a little more than nine years…..and sush’s dad will be back in another two to three years…..everyone is going to come back….all smiles :)


I go back to dad.....i ask him……dad where were you all these years……what happened……we thought you were dead…….he doesn’t answer and doesn’t even look at me…..i ask again…please tell me dad…where were you all these years…….he says he had survived an accident and had decided not to return back to us and we all thought he was dead in that mishap….


I’m crying uncontrollably…..just the thought that dad wanted to get rid of us is killing me……did I make a bad daughter……was he so fed up of us that he chose to stay away from us all alone in a remote place…...so irritated with us that he didn’t bother to contact us for ten long years……


But then I think….dad never met with an accident….we lost him for hemorrhage in an ICU of a hospital………I remember everything……it runs like a movie in front of me…..from how he was taken to the hospital that night to how we buried his body……all this in a span of 38 hours….


In this state of chaos and confusion, unable to realize what’s real and what’s not, I hear my mobile screaming. It’s the alarm. I wake up to my world. Yes it was a dream.


If only dreams could come true.

3 comments:

  1. I have no words...

    Jus to let you know.. ppl who matter never leave.. u always can feel their presence whether they are present or not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know how to console u about this matter, But u have grown strong enough where in u have to live with the fact. I love u.... I still remember that day of ur life very clearly...

    ReplyDelete